Question and answer
Ask your question and a long-term disability lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I am a social worker, 63 yrs of age, currently on a leave from work due to significant issues with memory. For the last 13 yrs I have been working in the area of child protection as a front line worker. I will be seeing my dr. for assistance in completing forms for LTD. Should I consider being trained to do office work? My memory is very poor at this time.

It really depends on what you think you can do, and what your doctor believes you are medically capable of. Generally you are entitled to LTD within the first 2 years if your disability prevents you from doing substantial parts of your OWN occupation. Beyond 2 years it's ANY occupation (for which you are suited for by training, education or experience). The issue here, however, is that if you work in a different job your LTD insurer may deny you altogether, or at the very least seek credit for any income you earn while claiming LTD. So you need to decide if you are in fact capable of working or not. If not then apply for LTD. If you get denied, call or email me ASAP and we will help. My contact info is below.
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment