Question and answer
Ask your question and a long-term disability lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I am currently on CPP disability and am struggling to pay household bills. I am wondering if I can host an international student or will the compensation paid to me to house the student go towards my income (limited to $5800 a year)
Thank you

It may affect your LTD payments depending on whether your insurer considers this to be “income” under the policy. Have a look at your specific LTD policy under the “Other Income” provisions to see what income may be deducted from your LTD payments.
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment