Question and answer
Ask your question and a Long-term Disability Lawyer in Canada will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

Hi there , I’m trying to go back to work with restrictions but my employer won’t alow me to. My employer will only hold my job for two years. Also after the two years as you know there’s a change in definition to own and any. I’m afraid that when this time comes I’ll lose my career and income to something that will not pay enough to make a living. Is there something I should know? Thanks.

You are correct regarding the change of definition at the 2-year mark. You should review your LTD policy to determine if your 'any-occupation' definition has a compensable income component. This would mean generally that your insurer cannot force you back to work earning significantly less than your pre-disability income.
As your other questions are rooted in employment law, you should contact our employment team at 1-855-821-5900 to receive your answers regarding returning to work.
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment