Question and answer
Ask your question and a long-term disability lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

We just received a request from our insurer to complete an authorization to communicate information canada pension plan for my husband who is on ltd. He is terminal with lung disease and we have submitted t2201 as required to CRA. We have provided T4P to them as requested. Wondering is this common practice? Should we sign consent?

I am very sorry for what you and your husband are going through. My advice is to not provide more access than is needed. If you can communicate with CPP directly for your husband rather than the insurer that is preferable.
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment