Question and answer
Ask your question and a Long-term Disability Lawyer in Canada will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

Hi, im 67 and i work in housekeeping, there was a scheduled power outage and my boss made me work in the dark, i fell and got hurt, oct.24 2022 im on wsib an still doing physio thats not helping.....wsib told me because im over 65 theres no long term for me....can i sue my boss? i dont know what to do....
thank you

Typically, you can't collect WSIB and sue your employer - you can only do one or the other. There are certain scenarios in which, even if your employer has WSIB coverage, and you were injured at work, you can opt-out of WISB and sue instead, but you would have to contact a lawyer for a consultation to see if that option is available to you.

You can also read about potential government assistance programs that could be available to you on our website at:
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment