Question and answer
Ask your question and a long-term disability lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I am an inventor of a product. I am totally disabled. My husband runs the company full-time and reveives a wage. I am the creative designer but design from my recliner in my home. I don't receive a wage but I do have shares in the company. We have a big retailer wanting to bring my invention into stores which means the company will be financially well off. Do I have to come off my LTD and CPP even though I am not getting a wage? Eventually my shares will be worth something possibly. Please help as I have to fill out my LTD papers and don't want to get into trouble.

Most LTD policies have provisions that entitle the insurer to get a credit for “income” earned by a claimant. The question in your situation is whether the potential shares you are describing constitute income. It really depends on the wording of your specific policy. Get a copy of your policy and then contact me so we could help you review it.
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment