Question and answer
Ask your question and a long-term disability lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I am applying for disability for my foster brother and I don’t know if I would have to be named on the paperwork as the landlord for where he will be living in order to be his trustee and collect the checks?

If you are referring to long term disability you will need to check directly with the insurer. If it’s government disability then you should check with the appropriate disability office. Generally the disabled individual is the person that will be receiving the disability money unless the disabled individual is a minor or a guardian/power of attorney.
Sivan Tumarkin
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-888-990-9646     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment